Customer Discovery using Reddit
Using Reddit for customer discovery
GummySearch is commonly used for customer discovery using the conversations found in niche communities on Reddit. This is helpful if you are ideating new businesses, validating your solution, or just researching your target customer for market insights or content inspiration.
Within an audience of relevant Subreddits, you can quickly browse conversations for an audience's pain points, solution requests, conversations about spending money, opportunities for improvement/alternatives, or just the top conversations in these communities.
After browsing conversations on Reddit, you can save them to lists to keep track of for later, track keywords, or reply to them on Reddit directly.
Types of conversations surfaced in your audience:
- Hot discussions (currently popular)
- Top posts (best performing content of past month)
- Solution Requests (people asking for tools and solutions)
- Advice Requests (people asking for advice, content, and resources)
- Pain & Anger (people expressing pain points and frustrations)
- Ideas (people suggesting ideas)
- Money Talk (People talking about spending money)
- Opportunities (Conversations about things that can be improved/optimized)
Saving Reddit posts
After browsing the various categories of conversations, you can bookmark Reddit posts to read later, make outreach lists, or download to a CSV to process offline.
GummySearch will also keep track of which Reddit posts you have viewed and clicked out to on Reddit. You can filter based on these fields, which helps to make sure you can always find what you need.