How to search keywords on Reddit
Searching Reddit for keywords
In this product demo we explore how to search Reddit for various keywords.
It is possible to search all of Reddit for keywords found in either submissions or comments, but in this example we search within a set of Subreddits in a relevant audience.
GummySearch conveniently shows the instance of the keyword in our results, visualizing the aggretate information about this search, allows for saving conversations to refer to later, and tracking keywords to be notified of new conversations.
Visualising Reddit search results
When you make a search within your audience, you will recieve a list of the 100 most recent instances of your search term.
You can sort these results by time/upvotes/comments, and then also apply filters to find just what you need:
- Quick filters (Not Removed, No Duplicates, Text Posts Only, Not Viewed Yet)
- Subreddit filter
- Number of upvotes
- Number of comments
- Suggested categories (some of the categories described in the customer discovery page)
- Flair on Reddit posts
- Conversation Status (Live, Removed, Deleted)
For a quick look into the subreddit that the post/comment was added to, you can hover over the subreddit name to get a peek into:
- size & growth stats
- similar subreddits
- if you're tracking the subreddit in any of your audiences
Likewise, you can also peek into the author of the Reddit post/comment by hovering over their username. You'll see:
- Their profile photo/description
- Their karma stats
- Which subreddits they contribute to
- Link to see all of their submissions in Reddit advanced search